Our resilient client IHMS FZC managed to complete over 60 projects in the healthcare industry, supporting hospitals in various districts. In the beginning of 2023, they reached out to us, at Freezoner, to embark on a new investment journey in the UAE.
The managing director of the medical equipment company, IHMS FZC, expressed his desire to launch a new Trading & Assembly company in the UAE for the company in Dubai. Admittedly, launching a new branch in the UAE will not only facilitate the purchasing process but also it will give them access to easier operations, faster importing processes, and more collaborations.
Once the IHMS FZC director contacted us, at Freezoner, we saved no effort to guide him through the whole process to kickstart his medical equipment company in the supportive ecosystem of the UAE.
Our client’s essential focus is to provide the best services in the healthcare field. Thus, they never compromise the quality, especially in such a critical domain that deals with hospitals and patients with severe cases.
They tend to assemble and manufacture bedhead units in hospitals to help the medical sector to flourish with the best-in-class services.
IHMS FZC company works also in providing hospital furniture, and interior materials to ensure the medical premises is fully furnished in the best fashion.
Regardless of the tough circumstances they used to face in their country, IHMS FZC never failed to supply premium medical equipment, instruments and hospital requisites.
Our dedicated team at Freezoner realized that we’re dealing with a one-of-a-kind client who strives to offer the best medical services possible. Even when facing tough circumstances, they never compromise the quality.
As a thriving entity, IHMS FZC company is used to the hindered processes and successive complications of issuing permissions, especially when importing their goods. As a result, they decided to take a new step in their exposure plan by setting up a branch office in Dubai to serve the MENA region and the African market. This would allow them to import their goods to the free zone and re-export outside the UAE seamlessly.
Yet, they were not fully aware of the required documents and the procedures of company formation in Dubai. Hence, when they approached our team in Freezoner, we saved no effort to orient them of the whole process of opening a new venture in the UAE and walked them through the execution phases from start to finish.
Engagement Planning & Company Registration
When starting the engagement planning and company registration process with such a thriving client, we get inspired by their story and their resilience. Accordingly, we answered their questions as follows.
How to Start a Medical Equipment Business in Dubai?
The first question we tackled with our client was how to start a medical equipment business in Dubai.
To answer this question we had to walk them through the medical equipment registration process as demonstrated below:
- The Trade Name Reservation: the company name is a crucial step to start within the company formation process. The Emarati government shall review the name and validate it. Thus, the company should provide at least 3 options for its name. In addition, the Department of Economic Development (DED) authorities have to make a security check before giving the security approval for setting up the company.
- Authority's Health & Safety Engineering Approval: one of the mandatory steps for companies to adhere to is the health and safety engineering approval. Therefore, the concerned authority shall complete a full check to issue the health and safety approval.
- Release of Corporate Documents: Submitting all the corporate documents is a necessary step in completing the medical equipment registration phase.
The required documents include the following:
- Suggesting 3 trade names for the company
- Passport copy of all shareholders
- Copy of the latest tourist visa
- Home country address
- Mobile & email
- Division of shares between the partners
- Confirming appointed general manager of the company
- A full business plan
- Process flowchart
- List of planned items to import and/or store at the company warehouse
- Immigration Cards: Submitting immigration cards if shareholders are immigrants from other countries is a required step too.
- Visa Process: Following the procedures of the visa issuance process according to the shareholders' status quo.
- Corporate Bank Account Opening: the company directors shall create a corporate bank account in the UAE to ensure a seamless fiscal transaction. It’s an essential step for all investors and partners who wish to start their business in the UAE.
Engagement Completion & Final Result
By the end of this process, we tended to take our thriving client on a fully-fledged journey to complete their registration as a Trading & assembly business in the UAE. Starting from the authority approvals till finalizing the documents’ issuance.
As stated by the IHMS FZC director: “We just started the kickoff process in the UAE, in less than two months, and honestly we didn’t face any issues at all…. Thanks again to all Freezoners’ teams who assisted us, and facilitated the procedures for us”.
Hence, we, at Freezoner, are committed to collaborating with our clients who are eager for setting up a business in Dubai or any other place in the UAE.
Our Freezoner services are not limited to the company registration all over the UAE but we also tend to facilitate visa application processes for our clients, corporate sponsorship, business setup in free zones and other active spots, offshoring, mainland license issuance and more.
Thus, we’re more than ready to assist you in beginning your journey in the UAE. Do not hesitate to contact us to get a hassle-free experience from day one.