Before embarking on the details of the UAE Green visa, one cannot overlook the high potential of the ecosystem in the UAE that encourages professionals and investors to explore new opportunities in a supportive environment. UAE never fails to launch new rules that empower both residents and expats.
Thus, the UAE residency dream is coming true with the new types of visas offered by the United Arab Emirates government. It tends to attract top-notch entrepreneurs and investors to kickstart their journey toward success in the UAE.
What is Green Visa UAE?
The green visa in UAE is a new type of visa that focuses on residence facilitations for investors/partners. The Green Visa also provides a relatively long residency of 5 years without sponsorship. It was recently launched in 2022 to foster professionals who aspire to better opportunities.
What are the Benefits of Acquiring a Green Visa?
There are a plethora of advantages when acquiring a Green Visa in the UAE. Here are some of the perks of the Green Visa shown below:
- Attracting exceptional investing opportunities
- Increasing competitiveness in the market
- Offering residency options with no sponsorship
- Facilitating the visa processes with reasonable fees and achievable eligibility
- Offering easier application for five years for investors
Who is Eligible for A Green Visa in UAE?
Investors or partners can apply for a Green Visa when meeting the following criteria as demonstrated below:
Investors and partners, who aim at setting up a business in Dubai, can get an initial residency permit of 60 days (two months) to stay in the UAE until they finish the rest of the Green Visa issuance process.
What Are the Requirements of a Green Visa?
The requirements of a Green Visa are simplified for candidates to facilitate the application. Here are the UAE green visa requirements as shown below:
- Provide a personal picture with a white background
- Provide a Visa copy
- Provide passport copy (Make sure you have a valid passport valid for at least 6 months)
- Have a ready partnership or investment contract
- Acquire a trade license
- MOA (1 Million Investments)
- Provide Audit Certificate (1 million investment)
- Provide VAT Receipt
- Provide Bank Statement
Please note that the residence visa shall be canceled first before acquiring the investor green visa.
How Much Is A Green Visa in UAE?
The Green Visa UAE costs around AED200 but there are extra fees of 5% for a value-added tax. In addition, there is knowledge dirham AED10 and innovation Dirham with a cost of AED10. Another additional fee you may pay is the country entry fee of a total cost of AED500.
Accordingly, the total fees may reach AED2,280 plus or minus, away from ID card fees and medical checkups. As a result, the total cost of a green visa may differ according to the situation of the visa applicant.
Also, please note that the visa is renewable upon the expiry date.
How to Apply for A Green Visa in UAE?
Applying for a Green Visa has become easier than before. There are two ways to submit your visa application:
- Green visa application through UAE typing offices
- Green visa application online via the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD) website.
What Are the Steps of Green Visa Online Application?
UAE offers a self-service application for the Green Visa in which the applicant can apply for the green visa online through simple steps.
Demonstrated below are the necessary steps for applying for the Green visa online:
- From the (gdrfad.gov.ae) website, select the “Services” tab
- Then, select the “Entry Permit” clickable box
- Then, head to “Issuance of Green Visa for investors/partners”
- Hit the “Start Service” button and login, or register a new account
- Fill in your application, and upload the necessary documents, then complete the payment
- Submit your application after completing the previous steps, and wait up to 48 hours for authorities to process your application
If you find it hard to follow those steps or have any further questions, you can contact us at Freezoner to facilitate the processes and walk you through each stage.
What are the Types of Visa In the UAE?
There are multiple types of visas in the UAE to facilitate residency applications for foreigners from all over the world.
Hence, listed below are the types of UAE visas:
- Golden Visa
- Issuance of a work visa
- Issuance of a visit visa
- Issuance of a Residency visa
- Issuance of a Green visa
- Temporary Work Permit
Finally, the Green visa option is the perfect fit for all investors and partners who aspire for a long residency option without sponsorship. Green visa holders can also sponsor their families for five years.
Accordingly, it opens doors for professional investors to pursue their residency dreams in the UAE. Do not forget to contact us at Freezoner to assist you with the green visa application to make it more seamless.